WE CARE ABOUT OUR BERRIES - BUT ALSO LOVE THE BIRDS AND ANIMALS THAT LIKE TO EAT OUR BERRIES AS WELL!
We strive to maintain a farm that is in harmony with nature. You may see baby deer nestling in the grass in your blueberry row if you are early. Orioles, grosbeaks, cedar waxwings and finches may fly over you. Hummingbirds may buzz you if you are using a red bucket. The air is filled with the wondrous sounds of wildlife. Of course, watch out for the wasps that may sting the unwary!
- We mow the grass high to avoid killing frogs, snakes & mice.
- We avoid the use of toxic pesticides except for weed control.
- Berries dropped by our customers or the wind are quickly
scarfed up by skunks, raccoons, geese, turkeys and other birds.
- If birds are nesting in an area, we will allow the grass to grow up
until the ground-nesting birds have fledged.
- Over half of our acreage is in an easement with the Umatilla
Tribes to return it to permanent natural habitat for wildlife.